Browfit & Eyelid Lift (Blepharoplasty)
What is a brow lift?
With aging, the brow tends to descend, producing wrinkles and frown lines in the brow and forehead area. Patients often complain of a persistent “angry” or “tired” appearance to their eyes. An endoscopic brow lift stabilizes the brows and forehead to their original, natural position—reducing wrinkles on the forehead and between the eyebrows. Botox or Dysport are occasionally recommended before a brow lift to help prevent the depressor muscles of the brow from pulling the brow down after surgery. An endoscopic brow lift is often performed in conjunction with other procedures, particularly blepharoplasty (eyelid lift), to enhance results.
For more information about brow lifts please contact our office in either Bellevue or Issaquah, WA today.
We are highly experienced with forehead lift procedures, and you can expect the utmost safety and efficiency.
- Anesthesia: Depending on the patient’s needs, we administer either a general anesthesia or intravenous sedation to help prevent pain and discomfort during the procedure.
- Incision: The procedure is performed using a tiny fiber-optic lens inserted through half-inch incisions, which are placed behind the hairline. The incisions are extremely small and produce minimal scarring.
- Sutures: The incisions are closed with stitches, which will be removed after a week or two, depending on the patient’s individual recovery process. Any resulting scars are hidden beneath the hairline.
- Recovery: While everyone heals at different rates, the average recovery time for a brow lift is 7 to 14 days. At that time, most of the normal swelling and bruising will have dissipated.
What is an eyelid lift (blepharoplasty)
An eyelid lift, or blepharoplasty, is aimed at restoring the youthful appearance of the eyes by tightening sagging skin and removing or shifting excess fat buildup in these areas, significantly reducing the “tired” or “sad” appearance patients often complain about. It is important to choose the correct kind of procedure with blepharoplasty because over-resection of fat can lead to an improved cosmetic appearance in the short term, but lead to a hollowed, aged appearance years later. This is why it is important to choose a board certified surgeon who is experienced using multiple techniques to address the aging eyelid and repeat the same procedure for each patient.
For more information about eyelid lifts please contact our office in either Bellevue or Issaquah, WA today.
Blepharoplasty is often combined with a brow or mid-face lift to maximize rejuvenation in the periorbital region. In addition, laser resurfacing of the skin can help remove fine wrinkling, which is difficult to correct with surgery alone. Botox and Dysport are also useful adjunctive treatments.
- Anesthesia: A blepharoplasty can be performed under any kind of anesthesia depending on your personal preference.
- Incision: The incisions are hidden in the natural creases of the eyelid or can be performed inside the eyelid.
- Recovery: While everyone heals at different rates, the average recovery time for a blepharoplasty is 7 to 14 days. At that time, most of the normal swelling and bruising will have dissipated.